A NOTE TO THE NEWCOMER
Welcome to my JFK Assassination Web Page! I'm glad you're here. If you're interested in learning more about the assassination of President Kennedy, I believe you've come to the right place.
I trust you are among the growing numbers of Americans who are becoming interested in the JFK assassination, and who want to learn more about it. The more people find out about the assassination, the more they recognize its importance and relevance. As you may know, opinion polls show that an increasing majority of the American people believes President Kennedy was killed by a conspiracy. Some surveys have put that majority as high as 90 percent of the adult population. I believe the reason for this is that more and more citizens are learning the facts about the assassination, through television documentaries, through books, and through other media like this web page.
In case you're wondering what is currently being done on the JFK case, I am pleased to inform you that quite a bit is happening with it. For one thing, just a few years ago a government board completed the work of releasing tens of thousands of previously sealed files relating to the JFK assassination. This was the Assassination Records Review Board (ARRB). The ARRB brought about the release of a great deal of important material. The board also conducted interviews with numerous witnesses. Some important revelations have come from the released files and from the witness interviews. Researchers are now in the process of combing through the thousands of released documents. Also, various private organizations have formed to organize research efforts. These organizations include the Coalition on Political Assassinations (COPA), Citizens for Truth About the Kennedy Assassination (CTKA), and JFK-Lancer Productions and Publications. There is a continued call for a new, and this time thorough and objective, official inquiry into the case. Furthermore, private research efforts are producing important results. New documentaries on the assassination have recently appeared, and more will be coming out in the future.
I believe we have reached the point where the evidence that President Kennedy was killed by a conspiracy is compelling. While we still do not know for certain the names of those who were behind his death, it's clear the assassination was beyond the ability of any one man to carry out. There is credible circumstantial and anecdotal evidence that indicates who some of the plotters were. At least a few of the individuals who were involved in the assassination might still be alive. Some of the people who participated in the cover-up are certainly still alive. Most researchers on the case believe the following assertions have been proven beyond a reasonable doubt:
* Lee Harvey Oswald, the alleged assassin, was a rather poor shot and could not have fired all the shots. (Nearly everyone who saw him shoot said he was a rather poor shot.)
* Oswald's alleged shooting performance has never been duplicated, not even by experienced, Master-rated marksmen. (In fact, no gunman in any of the rifle tests has ever scored two hits out of three shots in 6-8 seconds on a moving target using a Carcano rifle from a 60-foot elevation on the first attempt, which is what Oswald supposedly did.)
* The single-bullet theory, when analyzed in light of the evidence, is an impossibility. Without the single-bullet theory, there can be no lone-gunman scenario.
* There were more than three shots fired at the president. This means there had to be a conspiracy, since the lone-gunman theory can only accommodate three shots.
* Someone was impersonating Oswald prior to the assassination, leaving a trail of apparently incriminating evidence that could be used against him later.
* At least one shot was fired at President Kennedy from in front of the limousine (whereas according to the lone-gunman theory all the shots came from behind).
* There was a determined effort on the part of the FBI and the Warren Commission to withhold important information about the assassination from the American people.
* The autopsy x-rays and photos of President Kennedy were altered or made in such a way as to conceal evidence of a frontal shot (or shots). (Dr. David Mantik, a radiation oncologist with a doctorate in physics, examined the autopsy x-rays at the National Archives and discovered through optical density measurements that the 6.5 mm "fragment" on the anterior-posterior x-ray is not metal and that beneath the superimposed image of this object is a genuine, smaller fragment! Dr. Mantik observes that the 6.5 mm object must have been added to the x-ray after the autopsy; he was even able to duplicate the forging process. This historic discovery is discussed in the book Assassination Science.)
In fact, certain key aspects of the case have been broken, thanks in large part to newly released files and to recent research. It is now virtually certain, for example, that the single-bullet theory is a physical impossibility. It seems clearer than ever that there was in fact a large defect in the right rear part of President Kennedy's skull, indicating a shot from the front. The files released by the ARRB provide additional evidence that the extant autopsy photos and x-rays do not accurately show Kennedy's wounds. To learn more about these important developments, I would recommend you read the recent book Murder in Dealey Plaza: What We Know Now that We Didn't Know Then, edited by Professor James Fetzer, Assassination Science: Experts Speak Out on the Death of JFK, also edited by Professor James Fetzer, and Stunning New Evidence in the JFK Case, by Harrison Livingstone.
Below is a very short list of books that would be worth your while to study. I will start by listing books that support the view that there was no plot and/or that Oswald alone shot President Kennedy. I will then list books that present evidence that a conspiracy was involved.
Silencing the Lone Assassin: The Murders of JFK and Lee Harvey Oswald (Paragon House, 2000), by John Canal.
Live by the Sword (Baltimore: Bancroft Press, 1998), by Gus Russo.
Oswald's Tale (New York: Random House, 1995), by Norman Mailer.
Case Closed (New York: Random House, 1993), by Gerald Posner.
Conspiracy of One (Ft. Worth: The Summit Group, 1991), by Jim Moore.
Murder in Dealey Plaza (Chicago: Catfeet Press/Open Court, 2000), edited by Professor James Fetzer, Ph.D.
Assassination Science: Experts Speak Out on the Death of JFK (Chicago: Catfeet Press, 1997), edited by Professor James Fetzer, Ph.D.
Stunning New Evidence in the JFK Case (New York: Carrol & Graf Publishers, 1999), by Harrison Livingstone.
Let Justice Be Done: New Light on the Jim Garrison Investigation (Reston, VA: Jordan Publishing, 1999), by William Davy.
Bloody Treason: The Assassination of John F. Kennedy (Rancho Sante Fe, California: Laurel Publishing, 1997), by Noel Twyman.
Killing Kennedy and the Hoax of the Century (New York: Carroll and Graf, 1995), Harrison Livingstone.
Again, this is just a partial list. There are many other good books on the assassination. All of the above books are available, either directly or by order, from your local bookstore. Or, if by chance your local bookstore can't help, you can contact the Last Hurrah Bookshop, which has a huge selection of titles on the JFK case, at 1-717-327-9338. You can also order JFK books via e-mail from JFK Lancer Productions c/o Tom Jones at email@example.com or via their toll-free number 1-888-259-6317. Also, please feel free to download the articles on this web page. You'll find them in the "Research Articles" section.
You might be interested to know there are JFK discussion groups on the web. You can dicuss the case in the alt.conspiracy.jfk and alt.assassination.jfk Internet newsgroups, and also in the JFK Research Assassination Forum (see the link to it in the "Recommended Links" section).
There are many of us in the JFK research community who care deeply about President Kennedy's death. We care, not only because the assassination robbed us of an elected leader, but because we realize that what happened on November 22, 1963 was a reversal of the will of "we the people," that in some ways it was a coup d'etat, and that the conspiracy that was responsible for this crime caused our nation untold suffering, division, and sorrow. If President Kennedy had not been killed, there quite possibly would have been no Vietnam War and no "credibility gap" for our government, among many other things. America still has not fully recovered from the murder of John F. Kennedy. The scandals that have plagued our country since his death--Watergate, the Phoenix Program, Iran-Contra, BCCI, Ruby Ridge, and so forth--are in some respects a consequence of his murder. Thankfully, more and more Americans are becoming informed about the evidence that President Kennedy was killed by a conspiracy, and in the process are realizing the significance and relevance of his death.
Finally, once again, welcome! I sincerely hope you find your visit to this web page to be informative and interesting, and I hope you return every so often. If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me, which you can do from this web page.
Michael T. Griffith